Your Contributions Are Appreciated
- The most memorable ads of 2014: Eric Cantor's stupid spot had serious consequencesAlmost everyone was caught by surprise when then-House Majority Leader Eric Cantor was unseated in the Republican primary by little-known professor Dave Brat, but Cantor's team actually did see Brat as a threat months before the primary. However, their response may have done a lot more harm than good. Cantor ran a spot accusing Brat […]
- Holiday greetings from the U.S. Supreme CourtFix the Court sends you its version of the Chief Justice John Roberts' Christmas card: We don't know everything that the court has been up to, because it is the least transparent of all branches of government, accountable pretty much just to itself. Just the way the court likes it, because it doesn't even have […]
- One family could give more than a million workers a raise
- $2.13 an hour means widespread sexual harassment in the restaurant industryWomen make up 66 percent of all tipped restaurant workers, which means a federal minimum wage of $2.13 an hour, a rate that hasn't changed in two decades. That means they live in or near poverty at high rates and are vulnerable to harassment both from managers and coworkers and from the customers on whom […]
- Paid sick leave gains steam in 2014This is why the U.S. needs more paid sick leave laws. Paid sick leave is one of the many things that almost all other developed nations guarantee and the United States does not. But it's also on the list of things that's picking up momentum in states and cities even as Republican control of Congress […]
- The most memorable ads of 2014: Eric Cantor's stupid spot had serious consequences
- What Was Alan Gross Doing in Cuba?In accounts from both sides of the aisle, recently-freed Alan Gross has been portrayed as a humanitarian simply trying to bring Internet access to Cuba's small Jewish community. But there's more to the story than that shorthand suggests.
- Is Cuba a ‘Leading’ Sponsor of Terrorism?Sen. Ted Cruz condemned President Obama's announcement that he would normalize relations with Cuba, calling the communist country "a leading state sponsor of terrorism." That's a stretch, to say the least.
- FlackCheck.org Video: Immigration ClaimsThis FlackCheck.org video highlights misleading claims about immigration from both Democrats and Republicans.
- What Was Alan Gross Doing in Cuba?